Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bizarre Guitar, being elitest isn't always so bad.

Has anyone seen Hi Fidelity with John Cusack? It's a movie about this guy who runs a music store with whom he employs an elitist music listening prick (played by Jack Black) who would prevent a sale of a record to someone if they did not seem worthy of owning it. I am reminded of this movie everytime I go to Bizarre Guitar, which is located north of Indian School on 7th ave in Central Phoenix. 

Don't get me wrong, they have great amps, Bogner, Marshall, Vox. They also have a great assortment of guitars, but the attitude there is that you are not worthy to touch anything and they will stand over you making sure you don't. In fact you are not allowed to take a guitar off the rack, you have to ask them to get it for you and they will watch you as you play it which can be kind of nerve racking at times. You will rarely ever see anyone playing an instrument at Bizarre Guitar unles they are pretty darn sure that is the instrument they are getting.
 
Because of this, my game plan when buying a musical instrument is to go to Guitar Center, try out any and all equipment I want, because at Guitar Center they just don't care. But when it comes down to actually buying the item that I want, I will head over to Bizarre Guitar because I know that nobody else has had their grimy hands all over the guitar a million times like it has at Guitar Center. 

I truly do like bizarre guitar, the guys aren't really too bad and you can tell they just want to make sure that when you buy something from them, you really are the first person to really play the instrument not 200 kids who just learned how to play Sweet Child O' Mine on the guitar you just bought at guitar center. 

No comments: